Posted 2 days ago
Farmington Hills, MI, USA.
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Essential Duties/Responsibilities :
- Concept design, detail design, including design for manufacture and assembly
- Develop Technical (Performance) Specification
- Perform analysis and/or simulation to predict assembly performance and durability per technical specification
- Work with controls engineers to develop theoretical models of the assembly concept
- Work with CAD designers in creation of solid models and detail drawings
- Check drawings and prepare associated release documents
- Work with or develop suppliers to procure prototypes for testing
- Prepare customer presentation materials related to design development and performance status
- Develop countermeasures to meet performance specifications as necessary
- Develop test plan necessary for design development Education and/or Experience BSME from a four-year college or university or higher degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have at least 1-3 years experience in the design of mechanical devices. Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Write speeches and articles for publication that conform to a prescribed style and format.
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Apply advanced mathematical concepts to support product development
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to perform essential duties
- Ability to develop instructions and guidelines to perform functions of the job as necessary Physical Demands/Environment This position requires the following physical abilities: to sit; to use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), to reach with hands and arms, to stand, to talk, to hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, the specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The work environment is mostly sedentary; however, there is occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and vibration and to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.