Posted 2 days ago
Farmington Hills, MI, USA.
Job Requirements :
- Experience processing, laying out and tooling up multiple spindle screw machines. (Training will be provided for the right candidate).
- Ability to sketch up and /or design cutting tools on CAD software.
- Knowledge of form, shave, dovetail, step drills, process, ream, groove, broach and specialty cutting tools.
- Ability to calculate feeds, speeds, run rates and material usage.
- Specify cams, gears, collets, holders, supports and machine attachments.
- Ability to document set up sheets and tool lists.
- Experience procuring machinery, cutting tools and replacement parts is preferred.
- Good troubleshooting skills with experience diagnosing set up, tooling and machine tool issues. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Tool up and process new products on automatic screw machines.
- Work as a team member to launch new products.
- Communicate with production, maintenance, quality and management on new processes, engineering changes and process improvements. KEY SKILLS:
- Knowledge of screw machines.
- Knowledge of cutting tools.
- Experience developing lay outs and specifying tooling.
- Training may be provided for candidates with basic skills that don’t have formal tool design and layout experience.